Sunday, December 17, 2006

A Lesson in Escapism

Well, I've survived my first week of new classes. That's a step in the right direction, don't you think? I've discovered that, while staying up until the wee hours of the morning is fun, I am not a person who can function under stress well when I haven't been sleeping. So, I've been going to bed a lot earlier and sleeping as late as I can. It's made me wonder why people my age don't sleep more. We seem to be a culture of insomniacs, the less sleep the better, but from my more recent experiences, I've discovered that sleep is something that can be an escape as well as a necessity.

Weird, huh? I had nightmares a lot when I was a little kid, so it's pretty odd that now I'm using this as a way to escape stress and high school drama.

Regression is another way to deal with it. Lately, I've been watching movies and wearing things (for example the famed Straberry Shortcake watch) that three or even two years ago, I wouldn't even consider. Go figure. I guess you have to deal with growing up and going out into the real world in your own way.

And I don't care who you are, old school Winne the Pooh is one of the most coolest things on the face of the earth!

(Takes all kinds, I suppose)

No comments: